An open-response, situational judgment test that evaluates aspects of your social intelligence and professionalism such as ethics, empathy, problem-solving and collaboration.
The following information is for the 2023/24 test cycle. For information about our 2022/23 test cycle, please visit our 2022/23 test cycle FAQ page.
- 2 sections (video and typed response).
- 14 scenarios (9 video-based and 5 word-based).
- First section, video responses: 2 word-based and 4 video-based scenarios. For each scenario, 2 open-ended questions are presented one at a time and you are provided 1 minute to record each of your responses.
- Second section, typed responses: 3 word-based and 5 video-based scenarios. For each scenario, 3 open-ended questions are presented together and you are provided a total of 5 minutes to respond to all 3 questions.
- 90-110 minutes to complete.
- You must reserve a specific date and time to take the Casper test. We recommend that you reserve your test at least 3 days in advance of your Casper test date to allow for time to prepare for the test by running through the system requirements check and taking the sample test. Check the Dates and fees page.
A value-alignment assessment that compares what you value in a program with what the program has to offer.
Duet is applicable for select programs only.
- Compare program characteristics against each other within different categories.
- No time limits, but shouldn’t take longer than 15 minutes to complete.
- Can be taken any time after reserving your Casper test and no later than 14 days after taking the Casper test.
- Please check if Duet is an admissions requirement for the programs you are applying to.